Download my holiday packing checklist and Top Tips!
I love the build up period for a holiday, whether it’s the countdown app on my phone or the trips for holiday shopping, it all gets me really excited. Although the one thing about going on holiday that I hate is packing.. who agrees with me?!
Like most people, I used to over pack, it didn’t matter where I was going or for how long for, I always came back with a weeks worth of unworn clothes! You have to be so careful with packing because you could end up spending a lot of money for extra weight if your over the allotted luggage allowance.
Ever since I went to Corfu 4 years ago, I feel like I have become a pro packer; I’ve managed to pack for over a weeks holiday in my hand luggage.. more than once! My latest achievement was packing for an 11 day holiday in just my hand luggage so trust m,e it is doable! I have decided to help you out ready for you next holiday by giving you my top 5 packing tips and also a holiday checklist that you can download!
My top 5 packing Tips
- Wear heavy clothing whilst travelling for example jeans and a jumper, I always make sure I wear trainers on the plane too because they tend to take up more room than flip-flops and sandals.
- Invest in a light suitcase. You will be surprised at how heavy some suitcases are, which obviously restricts the amount of clothes you can take, so try to find a really light one. I have this one from Debenhams, it’s really light and fits within the cabin hand luggage allowance.
- Depending on how long you are on holiday for, buy most of your toiletries out there. Things like shampoo and conditioner tends to be cheaper abroad too.
- Create outfits for each day that you are likely to wear so that you don’t over pack. If your going somewhere with a beach/swimming pool, only back for evening wear for a couple of days because you are likely to only wear your swimming costume for the majority of the day.
- Roll don’t fold. This is how I have managed to pack an 11 days worth of clothes into my hand luggage and also you are less likely to get creased clothes too. Try to put underwear in as you go because you can scrunch it up into small spaces.
My holiday Checklist.
You can download the checklist by clicking here: Holiday Checklist
- Travel Insurance documents/European Health Card
- Travel Money
- Holiday documents; Flight tickets, accommodation etc.
- Flip Flops
- Dresses day/evening
- Lightweight sweatshirt/jacket
- Hair Brush
- Make up- if needed
- Antiseptic Cream
- Bug repellant.
You can get shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in most holiday destinations, however if you would rather take your own, try to get small bottles.. if you are travelling without any baggage it must be UNDER 100ml.
- Mobile Phone
- Travel Adaptors
Are you another skilled packer? Let me know your best packing tips in the comments below!